James,

      My code is converting the data into Base64 first and then only trying to
insert it into the DB for LONG data type. This is working perfectly fine in our
production sites But not in our local test sites. I am not able to get this
behaviour with CFUPDATE?

  Thanks
  Sunil R

James Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  First, good luck getting the binary back on one piece, since putting
binary directly into a character datatype is asking for trouble. If
you must use LONG in the DB, convert the binary data to Base64 first.
Then you can use LONG or CLOB or whatever you like.

If you are using CF Enterprise, use the CF_SQL_BLOB type for this and
insert the binary in there directly. If you are not, perhaps the above
Base64 conversion will fix things.

--
CFAJAX docs and other useful articles:
http://jr-holmes.coldfusionjournal.com/