Bryan Stevenson wrote:

> Can ya provide some insight here Dave....I took a look at the IP Security
> Policy
> GUI and honestly didn't know what I was looking at.

Don't use the GUI, use the command line tool. It is documented at the MS
website and there are several example policies at webhostingtalk that will give
you a decent start.

> I'm just not sure what I should block/allow?

You should first block everything and then allow the traffic you want. We can
not really help you with that since we do not know which traffic you want.

> Which is waht I like about Win 2003....it leaves it all off by default.

You might want to look at OpenBSD if you want to know what "secure by default"
really means. They have had only 1 remote root exploit in 8 years. I highly
recommend trying it instead of some Linux when you set up one of your
'paperweights'.

Jochem