(At the further risk of crazy people) what IDE are you using, because I
found that easy of use for the development team is a key factor. That is
what prompted us to switch to eclipse. There are other clients, and good
ones, but for me having it integrated in the ide was key. With eclipse all
your source control is on a right click within the IDE and eclipse smooths
the awkward edges of some CVS functions (e.g. new files have to be added
then commited before they are in the repository, but eclipse does the add
silently for you and treats new files same as amended ones - you just have
to commit then), Another great source code related feature is that you can
compare the local version of a file with any historic version that was
committed to the repostory and see a 'diff' view of the two files side by
side. You also see a history of the current file you are working on in a
pane within eclipse so you can see who worked on it when it was committed
and the comment they entered when they committed.  The other major feature
is the ability to create a branch to do big software changes alongside
bugfixes without the two code lines overlapping. I have some stuff regarding
this on my blog but it is CVS centric.

--
Mike T
Blog http://www.socialpoints.com/