Like I said, I believe I was having a similar issue.  I just re-installed my CF
in multi-home configuration.

When I put a file, hello.cfm in my localhost site root, c:\\inetpub\wwwroot\ it
worked fine with the url http://localhost/hello.cfm.  Then I put hello.cfm in
my Jrun instance root, c:\jrun\servers\cfusion\cfusion.ear\cfusion.war\.  Then
localhost/hello.cfm pulled from the jrun root, as expected.  But when I removed
the hello.cfm file from the jrun root, I started getting a file not found
error, even though I still had a hello.cfm in my webroot.  When I unclicked the
"save class files" option in the administrator's cache settings, I started
getting the webroot hello.cfm file again.  I suspect there is some kind of path
caching still going on when the cache class files option is checked.

And looking at the setting, Adobe nee Macromedia does recommend to uncheck this
value in development environments.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.