From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 9:42 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Can't open CF7 Administrator

Rick you're on Sweet Street now.    Apache 2.2 wasnt a factor when I
started using it - if I recall correctly 2.0 was the lastest stable version
at the time, which is why I didnt think of it.

Anyway, now you are away and running with a setup that will give you a
rock-solid dev server.  You could spend days tweaking it to get the last bit
of performance out of it, but frankly I think for a dev environment it's
going to be fine as is, and youre' better off learning about the joys of
CFDUMP and cfcs and heaps of other new stuff.

As far as CFCs, my suggestion is to consider them to be big-brothers of UDFs
for the moment rather than trying to grasp object-oriented stuff at first.
Libraries of functions.

Play with them that way for a while, then start thinking about using them
for more stuff.  But CFCs are your friend and one of the most marvellous
innovations in Coldfusion in the last few versions.

It's been a journey for you RIck, but I think you're through the jungle now
and into the lush fertile plains.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month