--=====_97126901015141=_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi David,

You can also use ActiveCodeWizard which is basically a Database=
 Administrator
that's web based. No recoding (or coding!) necessary, just copy the files=
 to your server and
you can view the records, queries, reports, etc. You can get more info at:
http://www.activecodewizard.com


HTH

Mark

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

On 10/11/2000 at 6:24 AM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi David, 
You can certainly re-use the Access Queries, you can use the CFSTOREDPROC=
 Tag, to call them.  I'm not sure about the reports though. 
Personally, I would create an Admin System with functions that let you=
 maintain the data in the Access tables.  These pages don't have to be very=
 flash.   And then the front end of the site can extract the data,=
 utilizing the existing queries. 
HTH (a little!!) 
Nick 
  
  
David wrote: 
Hi, 
I have a customer who likes to web-enable his Access database. The database=
 
has over 50+ queries and 100+ reports. He doesnt want anything extra, just 
web-enable it. Could anyone advise what is the best way to do it and 
maintain it in Access? 
Do I have to recode the queries in CF? And could I reuse the reports=
 already 
designed in Access? or do I have to use a report generating software e.g. 
Crystal Reports? Is there a software that integrates better with CF than 
Crystal Reports? 
Sorry, have done a little CF work but nothing like that above. 
Thanks 
David 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-- 
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ 
To Unsubscribe visit=
 http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=3Dlists&body=3Dlists/cf_talk=
 or send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe'=
 in the body.


--=====_97126901015141=_
Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>Hi David,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You can also use ActiveCodeWizard which is basically a Database 
Administrator</DIV>
<DIV>that's web based. No recoding (or coding!) necessary, just copy the files 
to your server and</DIV>
<DIV>you can view the records, queries, reports, etc. You can get more info 
at:</DIV>
<DIV><A 
href="http://www.activecodewizard.com">http://www.activecodewizard.com</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>HTH</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mark</DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>*********** REPLY SEPARATOR 
***********<BR><BR>On 10/11/2000 at 6:24 AM [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
wrote:</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE 
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Hi 
  David, 
  <P>You can certainly re-use the Access Queries, you can use the CFSTOREDPROC 
  Tag, to call them.&nbsp; I'm not sure about the reports though. 
  <P>Personally, I would create an Admin System with functions that let you 
  maintain the data in the Access tables.&nbsp; These pages don't have to be 
  very flash.&nbsp;&nbsp; And then the front end of the site can extract the 
  data, utilizing the existing queries. 
  <P>HTH (a little!!) 
  <P>Nick <BR>&nbsp; <BR>&nbsp; 
  <P>David wrote: 
  <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE="CITE">Hi, 
    <P>I have a customer who likes to web-enable his Access database. The 
    database <BR>has over 50+ queries and 100+ reports. He doesnt want anything 
    extra, just <BR>web-enable it. Could anyone advise what is the best way to 
    do it and <BR>maintain it in Access? 
    <P>Do I have to recode the queries in CF? And could I reuse the reports 
    already <BR>designed in Access? or do I have to use a report generating 
    software e.g. <BR>Crystal Reports? Is there a software that integrates 
    better with CF than <BR>Crystal Reports? 
    <P>Sorry, have done a little CF work but nothing like that above. 
    <P>Thanks <BR>David 
    <P>------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
    <BR>Archives: <A 
    
href="http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/">http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/</A>
 
    <BR>To Unsubscribe visit <A 
    
href="http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&amp;body=lists/cf_talk">http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&amp;body=lists/cf_talk</A>
 
    or send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe' in 
    the body.</P></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT size=2 Arial></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BODY></HTML>


--=====_97126901015141=_--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
To Unsubscribe visit 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists&body=lists/cf_talk or send a 
message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with 'unsubscribe' in the body.

Reply via email to