Yeah, that's coo. JSMX does the same. It is, really, whatever floats your
boat. For me, if I want to do heavy JS work I'd use
MochiKit<http://www.mochikit.com/>.
For Ajax, it is JSMX all the way. If I want all of the sliding effects,
blah, blah, blah I'd most likely use Atlas or Spry.

It is the choice between a framework or simple Ajax connections. I know JS
so I don't mind writing my own display code, etc. I'll, honestly, never use
cfajax again. I was using it when it first came out and a while after but,
seriously, you'll probably like JSMX better when it comes to pure
XMLHttpRequest. It is easier to make a call and get your data...which is why
Ajax is used (a...synchronous; :-) ).

</MyOpinionOnTheMatter>