I noticed a little reluctance in the blogs last night and this morning to
try the CFEclipse 1.3 beta because Eclipse 3.2 was still a release
candidate. Well, fear no longer. The Eclipse Platfor 3.2 is now shipping
(well, it's open source, so shipping is a relative term)!

The release is part of the Eclipse Callisto project, a simultaneous release
of all the major Eclipse projects (10 of them!). You can download them now
at http://www.eclipse.org/callisto/ <http://www.eclipse.org/download/>.
Personally, I would suggest finding a torrent, as the mirrors will no doubt
slow to crawling as soon as this news leaks out.

Other than the regular 'ol Platform (the IDE itself), you will probably want
to snag the Web Tools Project, which has editors for all your HTML, CSS, JS,
XML, and other web-type file formats. Also, try the Data Tools Project,
which turns Eclipse into a full-fledged database management IDE.

If you have been putting Eclipse off, or haven't tried it for a long while,
this is the time to try it on for size again. And remember, the CFEclipse
1.3 beta has been out for a couple weeks with some really exciting and
highly requested features - http://www.cfeclipse.org/beta/features.html

Install it and see for yourself, then help us make it better by telling us
what YOU would like!

-nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/

what? download already!