Tom,

All of the new frameworks use CFC, so they won't even work on CF 4.5 or CF 5.
One of the frameworks I know , fusebox 3, used a cfswitch in the main file and
included a specific framework depending on which server you were on. You didn't
need this logic, you could just include the correct file on which server you
were on. There was no logic in the framework file that had different syntax
based on what CF version you were on , which would make the code harder to work
with. I have worked on code that I needed to work on multiple versions of CF
and with how the tags change and how error trapping works in CF it is almost
impossible to have one file that works on many different versions of CF.

Bob