> The insertion of the "Not for Production Use" meta tag is resulting a
> validation error which prevents the development and testing of Web
> Services on my local CF App Server. I currently have Enterprise Edition
> (DevNet) CFMX 7.0.1 (not an ideal verison for Web services, but need to
> keep that version for a short while).
>
> Does anyone know a work-around for this? Am I doing something wrong?
> Does 7.0.2 fix this? Having a not for prod use tag is fair enough, but
> surely it should be well-formed.

The tag itself is well-formed, but it's a well-formed HTML 4 "loose DTD"
tag, not an XML element, and that's your problem here - you're generating
XML, not HTML.

There are some suggestions for how you can deal with this in the thread on
Steven Erat's blog that Charlie Griefer pointed out. In addition, you could
always install a postprocessor servlet to rewrite your output. This is a
useful thing to be able to do, not just for this problem, but for lots of
other problems where you might want to rewrite all output in a very generic
way.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/