>   Does anyone have any ideas on how I can speed up the
> process? I have a feeling I need to do something in SQL but I
> don't know what to do. How come with the blockfactor it still
> seems to be trying to retrieve all the data?

The BLOCKFACTOR attribute has absolutely nothing to do with the number of
rows returned by your query. It simply specifies how big the chunks of data
sent from the database to CF will be. Let's say you have a query that
returns 1,000 records. If you set BLOCKFACTOR to 1 (the default), the
database will send 1,000 chunks of data to CF, each containing one record.
If you set BLOCKFACTOR to 100 (the maximum), the database will send 10
chunks of data to CF, each containing 100 records. In any case, the maximum
size of one of these chunks used to be 32K, so you couldn't effectively set
BLOCKFACTOR to a value higher than the number of records you could fit in
32K.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/