Actually you're both wrong.

The bill reads

"Under the bill, California electronic mail service providers may publish a
notice forbidding the use of their equipment to send or deliver spam. They
may sue anyone who violates this for $50 per message up to $25,000 per day
in which the spamming takes place, or actual damages. Attorneys' fees are
also recoverable."

That means that you're ISP get's the money not the end user.

Also, according to m-w.com spam is "unsolicited usually commercial E-mail
sent to a large number of addresses".  That means any message that you send
me that i didn't explicitly ask for is spam as long as you send it to
several differen't people at once.  And, yes, doing loop so that only one
address goes out at a time is still spam.

If I'm on the list remove me please.

--K

in
> > the body.