I mapped the ones I run all the time to a .sh script, and start 'em from
there.

On windows it'd be a .cmd or .bat file, but same idea, and real handy if you
want to do them all at once.

If I'm not mistaken, people have even posted example scripts.

And to clarify, it's easy to use the cfadmin to create multiple instances,
but by default all of them use the same JVM.  And if you're running Apache,
you still need to manually edit your httpd.conf to use them.

I think.
:Denny