>It's become rather obvious that, rather than leveraging the power of
>ColdFusion, the move to BlueDragon.NET stems from their desire to slowly
>migrate their codebase from CF to .NET, without having to rewrite
>everything at once. This is not to say that there aren't great things
>coming out of NewAtlanta, or that BD.NET doesn't provide for some great
>and interesting opportunities. It's just a shame that MySpace appears to
>have solely moved to BD.NET for this type of implementation...

Cutter,

I would not agree with this as a blanket statement.

There is still a large amount of cfml code in use - and it
will remain in use for a *long* time. The areas targeted for
rewrite have been for reasons other than scripting language.

The unprecendented success and growth of MySpace.com has
created numerous challenges - challenges that would test
*any* architecture. The scripting language itself is but
one single piece of the overall .NET architecture at MySpace.

Regards,
Dan