Well not really... /dev/random is a true random number (unless you're on a
system which links it to /dev/urandom, which is a pseudo random #
generator).  /dev/random can generate true random numbers by getting it's
data from mouse/keyboard movements, and also you can some hardware which
generates random numbers from static, etc.   I'm not sure exactly what the
crypto API does, but I doubt if it's truly random.

Russ