We run the same setup on win2k.  Every change made to one instance has
to be manually made to the other.  ditto what Dave said.  I'll note
that some changes in config files require a service restart if not
made via the CFAdmin tool.  For example, you could copy the
neoquery.xml file that stores all DSN info from one instance to the
other to synch up teh DSN settings, but you have to restart the CF
service for it to read this file.  If you chnage/add a DSN via teh CF
Admin tool you do not.

DK