Jeff,

I tend to use this doc type:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

This is for several reasons:

1. I like to "believe" that I can create an xhtml standard compliant
website... Sometimes that is wishful thinking, but I aim high.

2. It actually changes the way the browsers render code in newer browsers
and I am now used to writing code that is appropriate for that doc type (ex.
in xhtml images have line-heights unlike earlier versions which will put
"padding" around the image even if it has a break after it).

 Mostly though, its just about moving forward, staying with the times, and
working towards standards.

Ben Nadel
Web Developer
Nylon Technology
350 7th Avenue
Floor 10
New York, NY 10001
212.691.1134 x 14
212.691.3477 fax
www.nylontechnology.com

"Some people call me the space cowboy. Some people call me the gangster of
love."