Are both of these pages on the same server and within the same
application name?

M!ke

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff D.Chastain [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 10:40 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFLogin "Difficulties"

I am trying to use CFLogin to setup a secure area in a web site.  The
problem that I am having is that there is no login form ... the site
uses an SSO provider for authentication, and I receive a few variables
in the header stating who the user is after a successful login.  This
means that the SSO provider is set to authenticate the user when they
make an http request of a specific file.

So, what I was attempting to do was determine if the current page needs
the user to be authenticated.  If so, redirect them to the page that is
protected by the SSO provider, which stores the information it gets from
the SOO provider in the session scope, and then returns the user to the
page they came from.  I can then use that information to log the user
in, check their roles, etc.

The problem I am having is that when the SSO page stores its information
in the session scope, it then performs a redirect and that information
is being lost.   I have tried <cflocation with the addToken="yes", I
have tried <cfheader redirects, <meta redirects, etc. and the session
information is always lost.   I have checked to make sure it is being
set correctly before the redirect, but once the user is taken back to
the original page, the session scope is empty.

Anybody have any suggestions as to why I am loosing the session scope,
or as to a better way to go about this?

Thanks
-- Jeff