why would application.cfm/cfc fire on a CreateObject() call?  By definition
this file is called up per HTTP request, eh?

My guess is you have some global settings in their like DSN or something.
Look at ColdSpring, it can manange this for you and be kicked off in your
initial Application.cfc in your wrapper dir.

DK