How big are the PDF's (MB and # pages)?  You could possibly be memory bound if
they're very large and you could ease that by increasing MAXMEM, etc.  One
minute (60,000 milliseconds) per PDF is a very, very long time...somethings
definitely not right there.

Are these batched (ie one request sequentially generating 100 PDFs)?  If there
are no or minimal interdependencies, and the large per-report time is needed
(whatever it could be doing for a minute I don't know), but you could also look
at using the CFML Async Gateway to run multiple batches (say 10 PDF's each) in
parallel (be sure to bump up the "Maximun number of Report Threads" that
ColdFusion can use to process report requests AND the Event Gateway Processing
Threads in the in the Admin.

Also what are the specs on the machine?  And (probably most importantly), what
is the processing time of a very simple PDF with one qeury row from the same
DSN, etc for comparison?  Anything especially complex about these reports (ie
many subreports, across 500 pages, etc?)

Damon