Hello,

We have been dealing with this issue off-and-on for a
few months now so I really hope someone has some
insight to this issue for us.

We've noticed that if an XML document has a default
namespace defined using the 'xmlns' attribute, eg...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<BackgroundReports
xmlns="http://ns.hr-xml.org/2006-02-28";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://ns.hr-xml.org/2006-02-28
file:///C:/BackgroundReports.xsd" version="2006-02-28"
xml:lang="en">
[...]

Then XPath requires a colon prefix to work.  So the
regular '/BackgroundReports/@version' does not work
but  '/:BackgroundReports/@version' does.

This causes us problems because what if the user did
not specify a default namespace in the document and
rather the schema file was noted to the parser
separately?  Now we have to have two versions of XPath
for each action.

If I remove the default namespace, then the path
without the colon works, but now the document can not
be validated whilst being parsed.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks to get ColdFusion to
work well with a XML default namespaces?

Best regards,
Kervin