> All,  I created a collection, populated it with a query and
> then created a simple form to search against the collection
> and I get http 500? ... (see cf code below)
>
> This is all on my localhost 127.0.0.1. CF Search Server
> service is running.
>
> The page cannot be displayed
> There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and
> it cannot be displayed.

I don't know what's causing your problem, but you should enable debugging
and robust error messages in CF Administrator, and disable "friendly HTTP
errors" in IE, so that you can read the error message.

Also, and you might well already know this, you won't want to execute the
code that allows you to search within the same request that indexes content,
since that largely defeats the purpose of indexing your content.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/