Looks like that works... and for large values of X, looks like this method
is the fastest, followed by iif with DE, followed by cfif.  Does this mean
that it's no longer true that iif is not efficient?  If I'm using it only a
few times on a page, and it's a little slower then cfif, I don't really
care, and if it's faster then cfif when I use it inside something that does
a lot of computation, I might as well... More likely I will be using
whichever statement make sense, iif inside checkboxes and select's and such
and cfif elsewhere, since they are about the same.

Russ