Paul,

       In the greater scope of all java classes and API's in general, not
all classes will have static methods. And normally an object is created with
one of the default constructors and the default
constructor for that class was protected.  I never said it would not work
knowing about the static methods I just showed an example of an error
message under normal conditions (i.e not calling static methods). And I am
thinking about all java API's not just one API and you implied it would work
with all API's which is not true. I should have used java freeTTS Text to
Speech as an example instead. I hope this clears it up.