> We have a .Net app (DotNetNuke) running on one machine and a
> CF app on another.  We would like to share login
> info(sessions) across the servers.  I've been thinking a web
> service would work but I'm not really sure of where to start.
>  Has anyone shared sessions between a .Net app and a CF one?
> If so could you give a brief overview of how it works?

Well, you can't actually share sessions. However, you could have each
application associate login information with a single browser. For example,
let's say that the user logs into your CF application first. When they visit
the .NET application, it could notice that a domain cookie has already been
set by the CF application, then query the CF application via HTTP to
retrieve data from that user's session. The cookie itself could be sent with
this request. The CF application could have a page specifically designed to
be used for this purpose - presumably, it would only accept requests from
the .NET application machine, and would write the appropriate session data
in the HTTP response. You could also store common login data used by both
applications within a database, instead of using the Session scope. That
would remove the necessity to have one application query the other.

Finally, your best bet might be to have both applications authenticate
against a single-sign-on infrastructure, like Siteminder, if you have
something like that in place.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/