Hmm, this could be it.  It is variables scope.  Although it only NOT works
occasionally.  It doesn't fail every single time.

What I do is I create a structure in the init method to hold the form and url
variables that I passed into the CFC.  I use the cfparam to make sure the
variable exists in the structure before I use it.

Johnny