From: Dawson, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:05 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: ColdFusion Tag and Attribute Case

I'm just curious as to how many of you would force CF tags, and attributes,
to either all lower- or upper-case letters rather than mixed-case.

Which would you choose:

cfQueryParam
cfqueryparam
CFQUERYPARAM

or

returnAsBinary
returnasbinary
RETURNASBINARY

Personally, I like the mixed-case because it makes the tags quicker to read.
I also don't feel bad about this because these tags are not returned in the
HTML response.

DW will let you specify the exact case of each tag, which is perfect for
this.

Regardless, I still lower-case all HTML tags and attributes.

Opinions?

M!chael A Dawson
Manager of Web Applications
Office of Technology Services
University of Evansville
1800 Lincoln Avenue
Evansville, IN 47722
812-488-2581
MSN Messenger ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary
numbers and those who don't."