On 8/7/06, Rick Faircloth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks, Dave...some reading I was doing after posting finally confirmed
> that I would have to have 1 certificate for each domain, or either purchase
> a multiple domain (up to 4 domains) certificate for about $500!
>
> Rick

I would do some shopping around, as there is some level of competition
with certificate authorities these days.  I know godaddy is offering
certificates for 20 bucks, but I don't know if those throw up any
warning messages in your visitor's browser.  If the domains (or the
secure portions of them) aren't something where public perception is a
problem, you might look at using a self-signed certificate, or
something like cacert.org (their main site seems to be down right now,
but you can look at the wiki... http://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/).  If it
is something where public perception is a factor, then I'd probably
pay the VeriSign tax.

--
Jim Wright
Wright Business Solutions