> Well, you don't have to buy anything from Adobe to produce
> and deploy Flex based apps, since the SDK is free of
> charge... but i think Adobe plans to make some money off that
> product ;)

I think the value proposition there is quite different. There is no required
server-side component for Flex 2. FlexBuilder is essentially just another
Flash IDE, like Flash 8. The value proposition here is that Adobe's editor
is good enough that you should buy it to save yourself the effort of
building Flash files without it.

CF, on the other hand, is nothing but server-side functionality. While it's
most often used to generate HTML, it can be used to generate all sorts of
text for all sorts of consumption. It's much harder to build a useful IDE
for that, since the big draw of IDEs is generally the integration of visual
and code editing functionality. For what it's worth, Dreamweaver is a
kick-ass HTML authoring tool, but it's not universally popular with CF
developers, while CF Studio and Eclipse are inferior HTML authoring
environments, but apparently more popular with CF developers.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/