I am using onError() in Application.cfc to catch application errors
and send me an email with a dump of the arguments.exception variable.

I have been getting a number of emails from this where the
rootcause.message and rootcause.details are blank, there is no
meaningful error diagnostic information in the exception structure.
For these errors the rootcause.type is always
"java.lang.IllegalStateException".

The email also includes the URL and the form and URL variables that
were passed in. If I try to reproduce this request it doesn't throw
an error; it seems to be some kind of intermittent issue. This is on
a site that is currently getting about 100,000 page requests a day
and I have recieved probably 100 of these mystery errors today.

Any ideas about what this "java.lang.IllegalStateException" usually
indicates?