I have about 12 excel pages of GL Accounts that I have been asked to
build reports on. I have separate GL lists for 4 different companies,
and each company's data is grouped into categories (Fuel, Property
Taxes, Payroll, etc), and have a variable number of GL's per category.
Each account is designated as a Major (only match left 4 characters) or
Minor account (match all 6 characters).  The accountants are telling me
this data won't change often (at most they will add an account, or edit
once a year)

My question is, how would you store this information?  Would you just
make a SQL table to store it all, or perhaps a structure or array in a
config.cfm file that stores it all?  Create an XML file? Also, would you
bother putting a front end so the users can edit this, or just leave in
the DB to be edited by IT only? My source data is a mashup of several
iSeries/AS400 data tables.

I know several ways to do this, I am just looking for your thoughts or
idea's, maybe make this more painless down the road. =)

Chris Peterson
Gainey Corporation