On 8/14/06, loathe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Use cfhttp to grab the page and parse it either using the built in CF
> string
> and xml functions or using regular expressions.

Uuuu! If it's in a HTML table, using the XML functions are pretty easy to
maintain, vs. a ton of regex.
Depends on when the info changes, if it's well formatted HTML, etc...

Marty, you're not using this for evil, right? I.e. Spam (and not the good
kind that comes in a can)?

Hands down the best method is to walk on over to wherever it is that's
maintaining the data
you want to get at, and just ask them for a data link.  A million times
faster and more accurate.

Screen scraping should be a last resort, nay, last last resort.  Arrrr! I've
got this one project... bleh!
:-Denny