Is there a way to use the cfcompile utility successfully in the following
scenario?

1. Create a CF Web site on a development server (with all paths set as
variables in a config file for portability)
2. Use the cfcompile utility with the -deploy option to create java bytecode
3. Deploy the compiled java bytecode on a remote production server with an
editable version of the config file (assuming that the production servers has a
licensed edition of coldfusion server).

In my tests so far, the compile utility hard-codes the location of the source
files on the development server hard drive. This means the utility can't be
used for code created on a development server with the intention of deploying
in a production environment. Is that correct?

I am using CFMX 7 Enterprise (DevNet). I am wondering if this behaviour is
related to that. It seems to me that the utility isn't very useful if all the
paths are hardcoded. The production servers that I want to deploy to vary -
Standard and Enterprise.