Yo Loathe, nice addy. :-)

If you're wanting to get into Java with CF, and wanting to use java
classes you roll yourself, I'd say have a look at JDT and class loaders.

That way you can compile your .java file right from a .cfm, editing both
at the same time.  I like that better than compiling the .java, adding
it to CF's classpath, etc..

Or you can code in .jsp and skip the .java compilation.

FWIW, there are no special classes you need to include in your
java code to interact with CF.  Just be sure any jars that aren't
included with CF are added to the classpath, and code away.

For your specific example, I'd try to use a "native" data import
tool and then do the validation via SQL, as I think that would be
orders of magnitude faster, but it's a good way to get into the mix.
Assuming it's, or could be, a lot of data.

If you need help turning files into say, ByteArrayInputStreams, to
pass them back and forth, just holler, but it will be faster in this
case to pass a string with the file path probably.  Skip at least
that chunk of processing.

Eventually I'll get an example of using JExcelAPI to import/export
true excel documents posted somewhere, which would be a
decent example of passing streams and such...

:Denny