I feel all warm and fuzzy now!

Dear Valued Customers and Friends:

I am writing today to apologize for the service outage you experienced
yesterday.  As many of you know, our first datacenter facility (DC1) was
impacted by a severe fiber cut.  The fiber cut was caused by subcontractors
of Comcast cutting our lines with a backhoe while installing new service
into our office park.  The cut of this fiber, which has been trouble free
for the 5 years we have used it, resulted in loss of all connectivity for
our DC1 site, including one Gigabit link and two OC3's.  Our staff has made
some pictures of the incident available at the following URL:

http://hostmysite.com/emergency/

We are still working with all involved parties, including Cavalier
Communications (the fiber provider) to make sure that those responsible for
this mistake are held fully accountable.  I was personally on the scene for
the entire repair process, even going so far as to pick up a shovel and help
the workers dig a trench for the new fiber being installed.  I know it was a
long process, and although we did everything we could to move as fast as
possible, the problem was compounded by two issues.  First, the fiber we
utilize in our business park was originally installed by the power company
and is directly in line with dangerous power cables feeding the park.  This
made digging out the old cable and splicing in a new patch very difficult.
 Second, the cut occurred very close to the sidewalk where the fiber then
runs under the parking lot.  This left the splicers without enough slack to
easily splice in a new piece of cable (they were hoping for 30 feet of slack
and got less than 5).

Throughout the course of the day, our staff really pulled together to keep
our customers informed and to execute on our emergency plans.  If there is
any silver lining on something like this, I felt fortunate to witness the
amazing efforts of our staff.  We had 5 year veterans and employees fresh
out of training on their first day in the call center putting in fantastic
effort.  I would also like to apologize for those customers that were unable
to get through to our support center or experienced long wait times.  We are
committed to providing live phone service without hold-time, and although we
kept up with call volume for most of the day, our phones were overwhelmed at
the outset of the problem.

After an incident like we experienced yesterday, I thought it was important
for me to reach out to our customers and reassure you of our commitment to
providing the best web hosting service available.  Even though this incident
was caused by the action of a third party, we do not discount our full
responsibility to our end customers to provide a network that is 100%
reliable and available.  I realize that you trust us with your website so
you don't have to worry about incidents like this.  We are taking a number
of steps to prevent this sort of problem in the future.  Our fiber provider,
Cavalier, is working non-stop to make sure that all fiber in our park is
retraced and clearly marked.  They are also working with us to implement
additional diversity measures in the short term to limit risk.

Our Datacenter 2 (DC2) facility, which is a state-of-the-art facility with
multiple diverse fiber conduits, is also being upgraded to accommodate all
servers from DC1.  While we had been planning to slowly make the transition
over the next 12 months, we will do our best to accelerate the process while
minimizing impact to our customers.  I understand the magnitude of
yesterday's incident, but I don't want our customers to lose confidence in
the ability of our DC1 site to provide services.  This site has a great 5
year track record and we are leaning heavily on our providers to make the
necessary changes in the short term to secure additional diversity.

Finally, I would like to let you know how much I personally appreciate your
business.  I treat your website and your web business as if it were my own.
 You can trust everyone at HostMySite.com to care for your web presence, and
when things do go wrong, you can trust that we are making a Herculean effort
to get things right.  Every staff member is a caring, dedicated professional
that doesn't hesitate to pitch in wherever needed.  You can also count on
the fact that I will be right there with them every step of the way, along
with a talented management team that has been with our company for a very
long time.  My personal contact information is available to you as part of
this email should you wish to follow up with me directly.

Regards,
Lou Honick, CEO
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
1.302.709.0950