Hi,

I have a client who has several links to largish (up to 100MB) downloads
which are hosted on other people's servers. He wants my CF app to
automatically check all these URLs to ensure they are still valid (i.e. not
giving 404's).

I thought about using CFHTTP but from what I know of it you would have to
download the entire linked file before you could determine whether or not
the link was valid. If the client has, say, several hundred downloads at
10-100MB apiece then this is obviously not feasible in terms of time, disk
space and bandwidth. Is there any way to use CF to do this? If CFHTTP won't
do the job, is there an alternative?

Thanks for any input.

--

Rob Keniger