From: Josh Nathanson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 5:21 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Encrypted data insert

Hey all,

I am trying to insert an encrypted string into a MySQL database.  When
inserted, the db seems to add extra characters on the end of the encrypted
string, which makes it so that the string cannot be decrypted successfully.
It seems to add a couple of spaces plus the dreaded box character.  Is there
some sort of encoding issue perhaps?  Anyone run into this before?  If I use
some combination of the encoding and algorithm attributes will it take care
of this issue?

Yes it's a cc number, and yes I know you're not supposed to store cc
numbers, even encrypted, but unfortunately in the real world it must be done
sometimes.

-- Josh