Set up a stylesheet for printing (media="print"), then you can take
advantage of the printing mechanisms in CSS.

Orphans, page, page-break=after, page-break-before, size and widows would be
the main one.  You can also set up the print style sheet using inches (since
the page size is known).  Set your body in the print stylesheet to
Body{width:8.5in, height:11in, padding: .5in} to emulate an actual page.

groupings, since headers and footer in <thead> and <tfoot> will print on
each page (only useful in print, for this).

Sandra Clark
http://www.shayna.com
Training in Cascading Style Sheets and Accessibility

CSS HANDS ON
New York City, October 10-13, 2006.
http://www.shayna.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=training.syllabus_display&id=1

Read an interview regarding my CSS Hands on Class at
http://www.shayna.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.display_entry&id=140