I am using cfdirectory to get the directory listing of a remote folder. I
upload pictures to this folder and then run a script on my webserver to look
for new files and enter them into a database.

I am using a different webserver for the picture files then my website is
hosted on for space limitations.

My problem is that when I try to use cfdirectory on the remote directory, it
says access has been denied. This same code works fine if the script is in the
same folder as the images (which means the webserver)

However, when I open that directory in the web browser, it gives me all the
files.

The remote directory is running apache, and if I need to adjust permissions
further, I can.

<cfdirectory
directory="http://members.wri.com/brettb/pictures/images/";
name="myDirectory"
sort="name ASC"
filter="*.jpg">

Any advice on how to get this to work, would be great!