On 8/29/06, Teddy Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, rebellion creates new ideas.  As I said before, I would need to see
> more information on how to implement other database approaches.  If 9GB is

I was hoping Reactor would be a silver bullet...
Ranging from an embedded db to oracle is pretty rough though. :-)

The embeded databse would be interesting for very specific implementations.
> I probably could not use them for Flex, but for vanilla CF for very
> specific
> purposes, it could be an interesting approach.

I was thinking Flex (or Flash in general) was a perfect candidate... not
with
CF, of course, but for "distributed" apps.  I'm late for a meeting, and I
was
bowing out, so I won't go into depth, but in my state we're faced with the
challenge of supporting people who don't have broadband, or "always on"
connections. I have always wanted a cross-platform, "sometimes connected"
app that could bridge the gap.  Use a "enterprise" type DB for the mother-
ship, and little embedded dealies that "phone home" periodically to sync up.

Java seems like a natural, as does Flash, for a pretty UI, so...

Just ideas, probably not very viable ones, but I like them nonetheless! ;-)

James, thanks for the info!  Horses for courses is cool for school.  Or
maybe a better rhyme.... hrm...  Yeah, if I had the time... :-P

:D