Victor Moore wrote:
> Sorry, I should have mentioned that the db is MS-SQL Server 2005.
> I thought about Unicode but there is no entry in the drop down with that
> name.

i'm not up to speed on sql 2005 quite yet but try this:

SELECT *
FROM ::fn_helpcollations()
WHERE description LIKE '%unicode%'

which should give you all the unicode capable collations on your sql server.

> There are probably one hundred entries so I wasn't sure which one to select
> for my case where in the same db I can have multiple languages at the same
> time.

pick the collation that covers the majority of your work, "cast" to others as
needed--though plain jane unicode code point sorting will usually work for many
languages (except of course for stuff like "german phone book" sorting, etc.)