Well, with cfhttp, you just put the csv file somewhere web-accessible,
and then use the "name" attribute for cfhttp:

<cfhttp name="csvQuery" url="http://www.your.domain/path/to/csv.file";>
<cfdump var="#csvQuery#">

The livedoc page has some examples.

There is a func at: http://www.cflib.org/udf.cfm?id=1236 that will convert
strings to queries, I think I had to add this bit of code to do basically
what
you first asked:

<cffunction name="qualifyWithQuotes">
    <cfargument name="daStr">
    <cfscript>
      while (findNoCase(',,',daStr)) {
      daStr = REreplace(daStr,",,",",NULL,","all");
      }
    </cfscript>
<!---
  retStr = ListQualify(daStr,'"',',','All');// Qualify all the elements with
["]
    retStr = Replace(retStr,'""','"','All');// Replace the [""] quotes with
["] as some already have ["]
 --->
  <cfreturn daStr>
</cffunction>

it's old code, so your MMV...  (like, I don't think that needs to be in a
while loop, but... ;)

HIH,
:denny

ps- neither of those need administrator access, and you can use a .cfm file
as a url
with cfhttp and just pump out csv data, which it will make queries out of.