Richard Kroll wrote:
> insight.  I've got a resourceBundle CFC set up that uses the Java ICU4J
> library to manage my RBs.  My problem comes up when I'm using

why use icu4j for this? especially if you're *just* using core java
locales rather than ULocale? if you want *all* the CLDR locales you need
to use icu4j's ULocale.

> ColdFusion name (for example, English (US))."  The ICU4J library expects
> java locales, and when CF returns a string instead of the java locale,

well for one thing, getLocale() returns the *server* locale as a cf
locale, i imagine you'd want the user's locale? how are you determining
or handling the user locale?

> string equivalent.  Is there a way to force CF7 to return the java
> locale, or perhaps another way to deal with this problem?

no, cf locale isn't quite a java locale but for your purposes all you
need is core java locale ID (or icu4j ULocale) & you can build the
locale object in one line of code.