On 9/2/06, James Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Locking in CF7 is now only necessary if you could encounter a race
> condition, so that you always get the correct value in/from the
> variable. The memory corruption seen without locking in CF5 and below
> is a thing of the past.

Thanks James!

I had been wondering what the deal was.  So it's still best practice to lock
any shared stuff prior to reading/writing.

I mean, today, I might have no fear of some particular bit of code getting
called at the same time, but who knows about tomorrow, I may ajaxify
some bit and suddenly.... Well, at least the session swapping won't
happen if you forget to lock.  That's comforting.

Sweet.  You wait long enough, and the world comes to you.

I just made sure all my session vars were locked in app X... go figure.
*sigh* LOL.