Well, again thanks for all the help and tips guys and gal (and Will) ;-P

I managed to cut the processing time of the send tool over half with some
spring cleaning... or basically... rewriting it from the ground up to get
rid of some seriously mentally challenged code ;-)

Stored procedures helped TREMENDOUSLY over normal cfquery tags.

I don’t normally cache queries in administrative tools but the ones that
didn’t get converted to stored procs got cached for 1 minute as well... that
also cut off a small amount from the overall time.

Caching the actual content of the page didn’t seem to change anything
really.

But now that the entire tool is in AJAX... it gives the IMPRESSION of being
basically instant :-)

I can stop email bombing my co-workers now :-)

Bobby Hartsfield
http://acoderslife.com