The easy way
Use the WSCONFIG tool once to create a new connector for your new instance
for any old site in IIS.
Now edit the properties of that site and look at the wildcard ISAPI filter,
you will note it is different from the one on the default site.
The default one will be

C:\JRun4\lib\wsconfig\1\jrun_iis6_wildcard.dll

The new one will be

C::\JRun4\lib\wsconfig\2\jrun_iis6_wildcard.dll

Every time you use the wsconfig, it creates a new connector, which can get
confusing as you don't need a new one each time, you only need one for each
instance otherwise you will forget which connector is for which instance, so
I just use the wsconfig once for each instance to create the required
connector, and then assign it to sites by hand.

Now for any site or folder, just the wildcard mapping to use that connector.

You may find my blog entry on the topic useful.

http://russ.michaels.me.uk/index.cfm/2006/7/8/Creating-new-secure-instances-
with-ColdFusion-MX7-multi-server

--
Russ