Yes I've seen a similar error before.

Mine was NaviCat could connect to the DB just fine, but CF would always say the
DB could not be found or was not running.  MOst people have easy success with
the connector, but some of us just ran into brick walls.

This is why I use MS SQL Server and Oracle.  The old debate about MS SQL Server
being too expensive is dying now as it is dirt cheap...especially for all you
get.  Heck more than a day worth of problems with mySQL pays for MS SQL Server
given my hourly rate ;-)  Oracle of course is still bleeding expensive IMHO,
but
if the client wants it they get it.

I think mySQL is getting much better and I did enjoy using NaviCat withg mySQL
4, but the headaches just aren't worth it to me personally.

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.
VP & Director of E-Commerce Development
Electric Edge Systems Group Inc.
phone: 250.480.0642