From: Jim Wright [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2006 2:55 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: quick dumb sql question?

There is one part of hosted SQL licensing that I've never been too sure on,
and that is the use of SQL Enterprise Manager/Management Studio if you do
not have your own license.

I recently was moving some databases to SQL 2005, and asked the hosting
company where the databases were hosted how I could get the SQL 2005
Management Studio to manage the database.  I was told by the hosting company
to download trial version of SQL Server and use the Management Studio that
comes with that.  This didn't really sit well with me from a legal
standpoint.  Since I have ended up using Aqua Data Studio to get to my 2005
dbs, it isn't really an issue for me, but I'm still curious to know if
anyone has a definite answer to this one.

Even if you pay the 50 bucks for a licensed copy of SQL 2005 Developer
Edition, does that give you a license to use the Management Studio that
comes with that on a production database?