DP_AlphaWords has been completely rewritten, updated and made even more
useful... in its really specialized mostly useless kind of way.  ;^)

This custom tag accepts a string and converts to a list of words (or a
verbose script) which help to disambiguate the spelling of the string.  In
other words the string "cat" could be entered and return "Charlie Alfa
Tango".

This is helpful when creating service applications where support personal
have to read information to users over the phone (new passwords, complex
account numbers, unusual names, etc) or where print communication may be
confusing (mixing lower case "L" and the number one or the letter "O" and
the number zero, etc).

The verbose output includes character class information as well such as
"lowercase", "uppercase", "number", "symbol", etc.

This new version adds symbol translation for most ASCII symbols (the
character "}" will be translated to "Right Curly Brace") and nine alphabet
sets (two currently official, six historical and two "surprises").

The CF version is here:

http://www.depressedpress.com/Content/Development/ColdFusion/Extensions/DP_A
lphaWords/Index.cfm

And, completely new, a JavaScript version is here:

http://www.depressedpress.com/Content/Development/JavaScript/Extensions/DP_A
lphaWords/Index.cfm

I know that this is kind of esoteric, but it's come in handy for me on more
than one occasion.  I hope somebody else finds it useful as well.

Jim Davis