The ideal thing would have been to take this big file and break it
into smaller bits - cfcs or includes or custom tags, however that
wasnt an option apparently.

Since the actual work was only a 5 minute job but it took most of the
day to do, his decision not to have comments anywhere was an expensive
one.

I'm assuming that plenty of people before me had done similar work on
this file too, so add up all that extra cost as my predecessors and
those following me waded through the mud on this file and the absence
of comments has probably cost many many times more than the original
cost of writing the file did.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month